Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Whats wrong with that?

How many times have we heard this question asked?  How many times have we asked this question?  For the Christan there is a governor of our life, it is not just a mere conscience (Rom. 1&2) but it is the person of the Holy Spirit that indwells each believer from the moment of salvation. (Eph. 2:1; I Peter 3:18)  In recent days I have been asked this question by believers and non believers alike. 

It has been concerning a number of issues so I will generalize for the sake of the reader because it all comes down to one resounding answer.   So I thought I would begin a series on the Pastors Pen to respond and hopefully help some who may be asking or someone who is asked this question. 

Today let me answer the question, with a question...

Who is the Governor of your Life?


Everyone is accountable to God.  No man lives unto himself we are all held responsible by a Holy and just God.  My life is not dictated by a series of laws that I feel I must keep in order to gain the approval or love of the Lord.  I live my life in obedience to his word based upon a love I have for Him because of His demonstrated love toward me on the cross of Calvary.  I have placed myself under Him- a bond slave as Paul called it time and again in scripture- having the ability to go free but choosing to be submissive to the will and way of the master.  (Rom. 1:1) 

So if you are a Christian who is the governor of your life?  Who do you allow to control your mind, your actions, your thoughts, your decisions.  Do you compare them with the Word of God or do you simply reason them away with the "free" thinking of society today?  This world would say that they are free thinkers, open minded and on their own.  But each one is a carbon copy of the other...there are no true "liberal" thinkers or true "open" minded individuals because they all say the same thing.  So the question "Whats wrong with that?"- bids the question "Who is the governor of my life?".  Who will I allow to help me make this decision?  God and His word or the god of this world? 

Check back tomorrow as we will continue this thought.  Your opinions or thoughts on this are always welcome. 

Follow me on twitter @pastorhearn or email pastorhearn@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment